Thursday, February 6, 2014

Playing with Language for a Restaurant Review

* It is the kind of restaurant you might expect to find in ____________________.

* Red wine spilled on the table cloth like___________________________.

     * The waiter stared at me as if I ___________.

* The lone tomato sat on top of the salad like ___________.
 
* The choices on the menu reminded me of the day my mother ___________________________.


* After I mispronounced the name of the wine, I imagined my face going the color of___________________________.


* A USF student in a fancy restaurant _________________ is like a _______________ in _____________________.

* A USF student in a fancy restaurant is like a Jesuit in a_______-_____.

* My date drank the lemonade as if ___________________________.
* Music flooded the restaurant  like___________________________.

* The steak tasted as if _____________.

* The eye of the fish stared back like ______________.



Alternative: Settle on the most memorable moment in your restaurant experience, which could be the taste of something or the cost of something or the sound of something or the smell of something.   Finish this sentence with a metaphor:

The (memorable experience) was __________________.

Example. If the chopped salad was Beethoven's Eighth Symphony, the vindaloo was Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get it On."
The new book is here!

No comments: